Laugh Everyday~ Live Every Moment~ Love Beyond Words~
Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Compromising on Love?


I try to read daily devotional's that my Aunt sends us. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Expecially if I am mad or having faith problems or don't want to hear what I know my heart feels. Lately, without laying all our stuff out there, Chris and I have been put thru the ringer so to speak. I read this devotional today and it hit me really hard and really put some issues into perspective for me. I guess its true, when you open your heart to all things even in anger you can still find Jesus. Case in point. This is a great little devotional. I also looked up some bible quotes on Love and Understanding and added them to the side in my quotes for the week section. Read them, you may find a answer, I did.

Compromising on Love?
by Jon Walker
And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. Colossians 1:18 (NIV)
If our love for one another is not energized by Jesus, we're doomed to slide from the promise of "All You Need Is Love" into the push and shove of "I, Me, Mine." Our love can't stop at "let's just get along" because the deep and ancient God-love emerges, not from compromise, but from sacrifice.
And the first step of sacrifice is submission - not submission to one another, although that will often be required - but an uncompromising submission to the head of all us "one anothers": Jesus, our Lord, our brother, and our King.
The ancient wisdom demands there be only one ruling mind - a mind that was there from the beginning, firstborn among the "one anothers." This one ruling mind now operates within, providing us with a wisdom that passes all human understanding and connecting us to a deep, fathomless, supernatural love.
Submit to the head of our body, and he'll show you how to love others with a deep Jesus-love. It is his power and his strength that will energize you to love even those, especially those, you find impossible to love.

No comments: