Laugh Everyday~ Live Every Moment~ Love Beyond Words~
Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Monday, July 21, 2008

Papaw and Frontier Day's



Ever Since My dad got orders for us to move from California to Cheyenne Wy, back in the Summer of 92' (shhh not showing my age am I?) Anyway, my dad has been part of the Team that is back stage with all the musical acts and helping set up the stages and being an extra bodyguard for those star's who found themselves needing it. Ever since then he has gotten me guitar picks from all the acts. I have always saved them and when Sami started playing guitar a few years back and gave them all to her. Now Papaw calls Sami and say's who do you want guitar picks from this year? My dad no matter where he has lived from Alaska to Chicago has either flown in or rode his Harley to Cheyenne Frontier Day's. EVERY YEAR!!






This year has been no exception. Last night he called the house and asked me to put the girls on the phone. Well so I put them on speaker so they could all hear. Anyway, the past two days he has been a extra personal bodyguard to THE JONAS BROTHERS AND TAYLOR SWIFT!!! He asked the girls if they knew who The Jonas Brother's where???? My poor dad, he is so out of touch with this generation and what is in and what is not expecially since we don't live next to each other anymore. Well anyway, the girls go crazy and start screaming at the top of their lungs and are so excited right. He then say's do you guys want autographs from them? Ok, High pitch screaming then insue's!! Sami already has poster's of them in her room ok? Does that tell you anything? The girls have every song downloaded in their iPods..... They are so excited and ofcourse that is a strong YES, the autographs................
Then he say's be quiet and listen. Taylor Swift just took the stage and is singing! Ofcourse my girls are still screaming because Papaw then holds up the phone and they can hear Taylor Swift singing Live at Frontier Day's. They are dancing around the bedroom and jumping up and down at this point wishing they were there.(SO AM I)! Anyway, he gets back on the phone and say's I take it you want a autograph from her also? Ok, now I have a headache from all the screaming. YES!!! Papaw is now the girls new HERO! I ofcourse for the first time since we left Cheyenne am jealous because the musical line up this year is some of our FAV'S!!! I love the line up this year and just know they are going to rock. The line consist of the following:

Rascal Flatts
Taylor Swift
Bon Jovi
Sugarland
Blake Shelton
Miranda Lambert
Jason Aldien
Jonas Brothers
Tracy Lawrence
Kelly Pickler
Bill Engval and Randy Owen from Alabama and more!
To top it off, Today he tell's Sami that he just got word that Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland is going to need a extra bodyguard and he is it! YES, HE OFFICALLY SUCKS!

Yeah, right now I could use a break from reality but oh well, that is ok. My girls are happy and excited and as he is my hero he is now my girls ofcourse next to their father ofcourse!!!:) Sami and Hannah right away said Mom can you blog this so people can see what we are getting? Sure I will! Its nice to see my kids love my parents so much. To have grandparents period. I didn't have any growing up. They all passed away when I was young. So this is one of those things that will stay with them and a sweet memory for them of what their Papaw did for them.

No comments: