Laugh Everyday~ Live Every Moment~ Love Beyond Words~
Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Thursday, July 31, 2008

High Blood Pressure, Why Not!

 
I went to the Doctor today. I have had horrible migraines for the past 2 weeks and have been unable to break the cycle. These Migraines have been unreal. Very painful first off, and I have been sick at my stomach, had the room spinning on me, a huge throbbing in front of my head and my neck killing me also.Light sensitivity and I have tunnel vision with it and seeing sparks of white. I have been begging Chris this week to get me into a Doctor because 2 months ago I started getting off all my med's. I have been totally off all my med's for about a full month now. So they only thing I have at home is Motrin and Sudafed which I have been taking for the pressure. I have had my heating pad wrapped around my head and neck. Got a frozen cup out of the freezer and put it under my neck and laid down on it that way, I have steamed myself and done sinus masks you name it to realive my pain. These Migraines have been so bad that the minute I open my eyes from the broken sleep I have been getting the pain has hit so hard it hurts to move my big toe. You should only have to throw up every morning if your preganant. Which I AM NOT!! We took care of that problem but I feel like it. Sick,Sick, Sick has been my past 2 weeks.
So today I went to the Doctor finally, and by saying that I mean Chris started calling 2 days ago and they have been booked solid and wanted to give a referral to the ER! Yeah, NO THANKS! I am not waiting 5+ hours to get seen. So I go today with my kids in tow and we are all doing fine. I actually am functioning today because my migraine is at a dull roar and I ate a sandwich which I think helped me not get sick. SO they weigh me( I have lost 15 pounds since June 1st!) But still not that thrilled to hear that because its still way to high:) Anyway, they start taking blood pressure etc.... the machine can't get a acurate reading and keeps inflating and my arm is purple from it being so tight I rip it off because it hurts so bad. So we wait 3 mintues and try again, Yeah it was having problems reading it because my blood pressure was 170/106! Yes, they freak out. Now I have EKG's and Doctors in my room. Meanwhile my kids are worried out in the hall and I tell them its ok, my pressure is a little high. The Doctor ofcourse just looks at me like are you kinding me? So We go over all my symtoms for the past two weeks and the amount of stress I have been under. Yeah, the reason more than likely my migraines have been so bad is because of how high my blood pressure is and with my blood disorder thrown in the mix of it as the Doctor put it to me " You are a walking time bomb right now, waiting to go off!" NICE! Just some more lovely news I get to add to my list of What else could go wrong in my life right now. So now I am on a careful watch. Starting Monday I have to go 3 day in a row to get pressure taken and if still high which more than likely it will be they will start the ball running on getting it under control with med's. I told them its genetic. That my dad has it and so does my brother. That my grandmother on my mom's side died of a heart attack at a very young age and my grandparents on my dads side died of strokes and heart diease. So that is my new good news bulletin! I just have to laugh really because "Really!" I think to myself.... "Why not?!" Its a test of my faith and I know it, and I keep telling God I really don't know how much more I can handle but obviously he thinks I can take a lot.

(I so wish this was me right now, Not a care in the world but myself and sitting on a clear blue beach with a cabanana boy for eye candy delivering me my drinks! A girl can dream can't she???!!!)
What also funny is that the Doctor looked at me and say's maybe you should take a vacation. Yes, She was serious. She say's "You have 4 kids and I am sure with the stress of that alone it is causing your blood pressure to be this high". Yeah, UM NO! They are not my stress believe me. There are bigger fish out there that get to ring "MY STRESS BELL,!" She just laughed at me and said well something has to give. My thought was " NO KIDDING!" She said well at least you can laugh about it! Again, my thought was "What else can you do but laugh?" but anyway,I found these blood pressure pictures and thought they were funny. I will keep everyone posted on if I go on blood pressure med's or not. Just keep the prayers coming, Thanks Cori
Posted by Picasa

No comments: