Laugh Everyday~ Live Every Moment~ Love Beyond Words~
Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Chris's Retirement Luncheon

Today was Chris's Retirement Luncheon that he work put on for him. We went to Tycoon Flats. A new favorite of ours to go. Everyone had a good time and we just enjoyed ourselves. Speech's were given. I got to meet some of people I hadn't met yet,and I almost cried when Chris spoke. Tomorrow is Chris's last day wearing this uniform. Bittersweet. However, we are getting excited to move on and see what else is headed our way. We are looking onward and upward. Thank you to all who have shared and are going to be arriving and sharing in our special time in our lives and celebrating Chris's 20+ years of service to our country. As the guy who owns Tycoon Flats said to us as he chased us down in the parking lot... "Thank you Chris for your service, our country is a little less safe now". My eyes got huge, and Chris laughed and said, "Thank you man, but it isn't me, its our Military that make us safe." Oh man, I am telling you, next weekend and Chris's retirement ceremony is just going to have the tears flowing. So if you read about it, or are with us, get the tissue's out!

No comments: