Laugh Everyday~ Live Every Moment~ Love Beyond Words~
Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy 13th Birthday Ethan!

 
As you can tell.... Ethan is 13!!! WOW!!! I can't believe he is 13 already. Time sure does fly by. Now we officially have 2 teenagers in the house. CRAZY!!!! We celebrated Ethan's birthday at the pool with some of his friends. As always with his birthday being in the middle of July and in the middle of summer most people are gone on vacations and or visiting families etc.... however, with that said, he had a great time he told me and stayed even longer after we left with his friends and didn't come home till 7pm! Ethan and his buddies sure did enjoy dunking each other and jumping off the high dive trying to flip and do tricks and going off the water slide. Funny how somethings are so different between a teenage boy and a teenage girl but how much is the same too. I guess we will experience them both together! I wouldn't have it any other way. I will be however more prepared when Hannah and Elijah are teenagers together also!  Today, Sami and Hannah baked him a homemade cake for his "real" birthday! We are so very proud of Ethan and how far he has come. We are truly blessed with him in our lives and can't wait to see what the future has in store for him. He is a young man now. I knew deep inside obviously and for the most part in my heart and am ready and accepting of the kids getting older and all the right of passage things. I love watching them and enjoying it with them as much as possible, its the bittersweet and stinging stuff that comes with it knowing how little time we truly do have with our kids. Its these reminders we are given to try as much as you can to enjoy it all! They grow up to darn fast on you! Now, time to enjoy it as we head out on our first family vacation in almost 4 years! Lets see if I feel the same when we get home:) LOL I am sure we will all be like ok, enough family time! Till then, going to absorb and make many new memories! I love that the kids are older now too and will remember these trips. Will post vacation pictures when we get back or when we get Internet connections along the way!

No comments: