Laugh Everyday~ Live Every Moment~ Love Beyond Words~
Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Finally hit my goal weight!

Well after a long 4 years of living with RSD/CPRS Type 1, and being on every medicine known to man and going threw depression due to it and gaining so much weight that I topped out 2 years ago at 245! Yes that is pounds my friends. I was the biggest I had ever been in my life. I never even weighed that much pregnant! So a bit over a year and a half ago I threw my gallon size bag of med's on my Dr's desk and said I was done. Find me new med's but I wasn't doing this anymore and went on a diet. At first I lost weight right away from getting off all the med's and staying on a 1000 calorie diet. This past March/April when I had my 3 spinal cord surgeries to have the spinal cord stimulator implanted I was in a size 12 and weighing in at about 164. Well my brother and kids and my doctors have all noticed my weight loss since first seeing me. Today I was weighed and I have lost 100 pounds! I now weigh 145! I am in my goal size jean of a size 10 and very happy to finally feel normal again. By normal I mean weight. I hated being that big. I will probably never wear a skirt or capri's every again because I am to self conscious about how ugly my leg looks and my back but I am good with wearing jeans and shirts that fit. I hate that my cane is in the picture because I try not to have many of me with it or me in a picture at all for that matter, however it is a part of my life now. With all that said, I feel accomplished in a goal I set for myself. I needed something to make me feel better about myself and this really helped. I might have a disfiguring disease in my body but now I can look half way decent again:) What more can a girl ask for!

No comments: