Laugh Everyday~ Live Every Moment~ Love Beyond Words~
Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"The House That Built Me" by Miranda Lambert. Anyone can relate to this song!

"TO LISTEN TO SONG GO TO BOTTOM OF PAGE AND PAUSE MUSIC PLAYER AND THEN COME BACK UP AND HIT PLAY, WELL WORTH THE LISTEN! NOT MANY SONGS CAN MOVE ME THESE DAYS AND THIS ONE DID!"
First let me say Miranda Lambert is one of our families favorite singers. Recently, I heard this song while I was listening to Sami playing her guitar. Sami sits at the computer and listen's and prints out music and learns songs that touch her or that she likes. I started to cry from my room over this song. Where as I was raised a military brat and so are my kids, anyone can think about "Their Home". I started thinking back to my childhood days and all the places I have lived and guess what, every home we ever lived in had the samethings. Even now! I went home (my parents home) back in June of 09' after my dad's motorcycle accident and just walking in, I felt like I was home. I walked threw the house and looked at all the old photo's, and touched all the knick knacks and figurines and things that my parents still have from our childhood. I hope my kids have the same feelings too. Chris was lucky enough to grow up in pretty much the same home as a kid that he still calls home. My point, there are so many things in life, so many ups and downs yet "The House that Built Me" kind of spells it all out there for you and I just love it and I can't wait till Sami master's it so she can come play it for me! Sami reminds me a lot of Miranda Lambert, I tell her this all the time. Sami just laughs and say's "yeah mom, like I will ever make it in music!" I always tell her " there is always someday baby, someday!"

No comments: