Laugh Everyday~ Live Every Moment~ Love Beyond Words~
Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Monday, October 19, 2009

Our Day in Hondo, Texas at the South Texas CornMaze Farm

 
 
 

This was a great time. We had not been to this CornMaze as a famiy yet but Sami and Chris had gone last year on a field trip. We went and spent a couple more hours out at another farm!!! We didn't get to do everything there because we had gone to the pumpkin patch in Devine first and my legs were done and plus we didn't know this place also had a big pumpkin patch at it also. Oh well, next year. However, every year they grow corn and cut it into a different maze every year. You pick out a paper with 10 questions on it from topics that you think you can answer. Like:

Pop Culture
TV Shows
Biblical
Texas History etc.....

There are 10 questions and everytime you come to a numbered sign you answer your paper question and the answer you choose then says turn left or right!!! So if you choose wrong you get lost! Yeah, we did a lot of circles! Sami and Ethan and Hannah took course 2 first and Chris, myself and Elijah took course 1, when you complete them you move onto the other course. WE did the whole 2 course's and ofcourse Sami and Ethan and Hannah only did the first course! Then it was onto eating dinner and the kids jumping on the cornpopper (the colored looking trampoline thing) and then onto shooting corn out of a aircompressed machine out into the fields to see if you could hit the signs out in the field. This was a big hit. Then I was sitting on top of these big hey bails and the girls joined me and ofcourse Chris got some shots but it gave me the idea to put the kids up there and get some pictures of them on the hey bails also. SO I DID!!! Then across the way I seen this red tractor!!! I was so excited. I had these shots in my mind I wanted and for the most part I got but my kids and husband were done. It was almost 7pm and we had been out since noon and ofcourse I had taken enough pictures of them as its always told to me. My answer is always "You'll thank me for these shots when your older!" Anyway I got some really good shots of the kids all day long at both places and we had a great family day. Something we haven't done in a long time. I will be making a new header shortly of my kids. I can't wait! Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jody Cooper Photography said...

i can't believe you torture those poor kids, by making them take so many posed ones :) but i think you should change your header, you got nice PICTURES this time, how fun!! Samantha looks beautiful in that color of her hoodie,

Jody Cooper Photography said...

i can't believe you torture those poor kids, by making them take so many posed ones :) but i think you should change your header, you got nice PICTURES this time, how fun!! Samantha looks beautiful in that color of her hoodie,

Chris,Cori said...

I know, I can't help but love to torture them!!! I have my fav's and I am going to print them out for my fall frames this year I think. I love that shot of Sami too!