Laugh Everyday~ Live Every Moment~ Love Beyond Words~
Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Quick Article from Glenn Beck on why he is coming to the Alamo for the Tea Party!



GLENN: Now that I'm really fired up for tax day, I have some news I have to share with you about the tax broadcast that we're going to do in San Antonio, Texas, at the Alamo. I'm going to be a little cryptic here but someday we'll sit down and we'll talk about it everything that is going on, but you're not a dummy. When I first I had no intention of going to these tax rallies and when I first heard about the tax rally at the Alamo, I was I thought, "I've got to be there." And I wanted to be there because the Alamo, it is the iconic symbol. And to have people take a stand, people taking a peaceful stand at the Alamo, I wanted to be a part of that. I want not only as a dad, as a father, as an American citizen, as an individual, I wanted to be a part of it. I wanted to stand with you. But I also wanted to make sure that I captured that picture for America. That picture is important for the country to see.
Well, life is an amazing thing in America today if you happen to have my point of view and be in the position that I'm in. And what has happened over the last few days is and this is one reason why we have asked to can you register on the website at GlennBeck.com. We wanted to know who was coming, how many were coming, et cetera, et cetera. They have been begging, can we ticket this event. Well, we can't. It's an open space. Can we put up fences and gates and yada, yada. No, we can't do any of that; they just want people to come. And things, there are forces at play that are doing everything they can to make this tax day at San Antonio at the Alamo about me, and they're trying to we have some very good reports. We have a very good security team and there are reports now that came in last night, the final straw was that it is there are just things that just everything is out of control right now because people do whatever they have to do to destroy the message and that ain't gonna happen, brother. Nobody is going to destroy the message because the message was never about me, it wasn't about anything. It was about average people standing up. And when I got involved in this last week sorry. I was screaming about tax day. Now my voice is about to be blown out.. If I got involved last week, these people who are organizing this are just regular people. They're just like you. They were like, "Hey, let's do something at the Alamo." Well, then I got involved and the whole world changed. Yesterday I promised them that I would do a fundraiser for them. Part of that is just to defray the cost of security. It is ridiculous what needs to happen for security alone. When we put the thing out last night and we had over the capacity of what this area in downtown San Antonio can possibly hold, they called me and said, please, dear God, Glenn, please. I am coming and I am going to broadcast and I am going to show that picture to America. America needs to see Americans peacefully, without signs or anything else because that's part of it. They want to make sure that there are signs there that say horrible things and they can get their picture with me in a crowd full of people with these signs. Do not bring any sign. You will be able to spot those in the ranks right away. You come with love and peace. You come with a spirit of Martin Luther King in your heart.
Remember all the reports of calling Obama a terrorist at Palin rallies? That's what they're trying to turn this into and they ain't gonna do it. I will stand with you in the crowd because this is about you, not about anybody else. It's about you and the Alamo and getting the picture. They know that picture is worth a fortune. They know, just as I know, what you standing in front of the Alamo means. So I am going to beg the forgiveness of the promoters and not join them on the stage and give the key note speech but I will be there because this event cannot be about me. This event cannot be about people coming in and trying to mess everything up. They ain't gonna do it. They're not gonna do it.
You go ahead and do whatever you want. We know who we are and it was never about any speech or anything else. It was about you taking a stand and the image of the Alamo. I will broadcast live from the Alamo. You will stand in front of the Alamo and America will see it.

No comments: