Laugh Everyday~ Live Every Moment~ Love Beyond Words~
Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Very Popular Blog Mom is in a plane crash, on Today Show and taking donations for help!









http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/
http://www.nierecovery.com/
To all blogger mom's out there. I have read Stephanie's blog many times. When I heard about her plane crash that killed the pilot and her husband Christian was burned over 35% of his body and Stephanie was burned over 80% of her body I was moved to help. Then this morning as I get my kids off to school I always turn on the Today Show. Well her story made the show and the how the family is now accepting donations to help the family and help with medical bills. Her blog was so popular that when word spread threw out the blogger community, other mom's and fans of her blog got on the band wagon and started raising the money. Her sister is keeping updates on her blog and I have added the donation button at the top of the page with a picture of the family. I can't do much but help in this way and pray for the family and for Stephanie and Christian to heal and get better so they may return to their 4 children. Below I also posted about Nie and about the donations. If you can help please do, if not finically, please pray for them. I have also added the link blog address for you all to check out also and keep yourselves posted on how they are doing. If there is one thing women in this world can relate on its being a mom and when you can help out you do it! Below all that I added the picture of her siblings who were on the Today Show and are raising the children and keeping her blog going and raising funds. This is Humanity at its best!

About Nie
On Saturday, August 16, 2008, Stephanie Nielson was in a plane crash with her husband, Christian Nielson, and his flight instructor, Doug Kinnear, near St. Johns, Arizona. Doug Kinnear passed away soon after arriving at the Maricopa County Hospital.
Christian & Stephanie remain in critical condition at Maricopa Burn Center. Christian has sustained burns on over 30% of his body. His wife Stephanie’s body was burned over 80%.
For the past four years, Stephanie has welcomed us into her charming abode through the NieNie Dialogues. Far from being a product of creative editing, the Nielson’s don’t just shine through the selective lens of a blog. They are ingenuous examples of family devotion, eternal romance, and Christ centered faith. This site is dedicated to their welfare & recovery.
Donation Details
This Week: Benefit Concert
Wed, September 10th, 7 pm
Free Concert in Honor of Christian and Stephanie Nielson. Donations will be accepted. Wednesday, Sept. 10th, 7:00 pm at Mesa High School Auditorium. Silent Auction with slideshow held in foyer. Some of those that are performing include: Jordan Bluthe, Aaron Ballard, Michelle Baer, Debbie Conn, and Linsey & Tyler Maxson

Well. Here we are today on Today.
You'll notice I did the interview with bare feet.
I do all my interviews with bare feet.
After our exchange Topher got up off the couch, went into the kitchen, squeezed a lemon and--I kid you not--made lemonade.
Then we sat and talked about our sweet sister and adventurous brother-in-law. Our last conversations, our take on things, and the state of our hearts. Sometimes the immensity of it all is almost unbearable. And, strangely sweet.
There was a brief period last week where Christian could converse a little. He told his brother and sister-in-law that he could physically feel prayers. I think I know just what he was talking about, because I can feel them too. Prayers have tangible power.
Thank you for continuing to offer them.

No comments: