Laugh Everyday~ Live Every Moment~ Love Beyond Words~
Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Monday, August 25, 2008

Elijah's First Day of Kindergarten!


Well, First let me say yes, I was that mom bawling my eyes out. It hit me really hard and the thought that my last child is now grown up enough to go to school kills me. Elijah has been ready for Kindergarten since last week. He packed his lunch last week just to make sure it was ready for his first day of school. Elijah has been more than ready to go to school. He was so excited about going, and was so excited this morning when we woke him. No problems getting him up at all! He popped up got dressed and was like "OK, mom do my hair so we can go!" It killed him to have to eat some breakfast and wait for the time to tick by before we headed out. We got to school and we take Hannah first then him last to his class. Well Hannah had me crying already, so by time I got to his class, I was trying to control myself so not to scare Elijah. Yeah, he didn't care! " He walked in, looked at me and gave me a kiss and a hug and said "Bye, Mom, see you after school", and went and sat on his carpet with the rest of his new classmates. I got some cute shots of him as I start to walk out of the classroom to stand with the other parents out in the hall. Elijah yells at me as I am walking out "Bye Mom, have a good day!" Ok, I am so crying now. I cried the whole way home. What am I suppose to do with myself now? I have never not had a kid around me and I miss them already. He is also very excited to ride his first bus home. Needless to say, he was more ready for school then Mom was.

No comments: